Around five years ago the extra room in my house had a day bed and trundle. I can’t even remember why I decided to sell it. I know I wanted to do a change-up, but can’t remember to what. Over the years I’ve wanted the room to be used as a craft room, guest room, my office, a reading room…..get the picture? I haven’t been able to make up my mind so I’ve always made completing this project my last priority. I wanted it black and white, all white, blue, green, tan and brown….get the picture?
I’m challenging myself to finally do something. I’ve given myself a set of rules I need to abide by.
- Use items already in my house; Move, repurpose furniture, be creative.
- It has to provide bedding where at least one person could sleep.
- Must be functional. I need to comfortably be able to craft and read.
- Divot needs to have a place to sit by the window and look outside.
- Get out of my green comfort zone.
- Spend minimal dollars.
Looking at the color wheel below, I’ve decided to focus on the Yellow to Blue-Green colors and shades of them. For more information, see my post on color wheels here.
I love the blend of yellow, white and aqua. it might be hard to see, but there’s also some light stripes of a soft moss green and black also. Lot’s of options!
I’ll be sharing with you over the next couple of weeks my transformation journey.
I’m curious, what inspires your color choices?