Hi all! Happy Monday. The best fun for me is when I make something for something else. It makes me feel good. I decorated a couple of boxes not too long ago for my friend P’s birthday and shipped them off to New Jersey.
There were a lot of simple steps so it took some time but very easy to do. I probably should of taken a picture of the plain wood boxes, but I didn’t. Take a look at this post on some button boxes I did to see what they look like unfinished.
Here are the steps:
- use some sandpaper to smooth the rough edges
- paint with an acrylic paint of your choice. I used a soft blue and painted both the inside and out. I used 2 coats.
- Then I sanded down the outside just a little so a tiny tiny bit of the wood could peek through in places.
- Cut scrapbook paper the size of the box tops and glue with decopauge. Follow up with 2 or 3 layers of decopauge, letting dry between each coat.
- Spray boxes with a clear sealer
- The final touch is grabbing the hot glue gun and adding some lace
Linking up to these parties this week.