Happy 4th of July! How will you be spending it? I’ll be on the golf course watching my son in a tournament and hopefully I will have a golf cart instead of walking. That’s a story of its own which I’ll share after I see the orthopedic surgeon next week. Lets just say…major knee surgery.
I had a few more July 4th decorations I wanted to share with you. I shared in a post last week of a tray with reversible liner. I was crafting another tray at the same time.
I picked up a couple of green plastic trays for $3.00 each at Rite Aid a couple of months ago and they’ve been sitting in the garage ever since. I grabbed my trusty reliable Rust Oleum Primer and Gloss White spray and gave it a few coats of each.
I had some scrapbook paper, red and white polka dot and blue check and some foam board. I cut the paper into about 8 inch strips and glued them onto the pre-cut foam board alternating the 2 papers. I also did another design on the other side of the foam board, then took it to Staples and had it laminated.
So that’s the tray. And here’s a few extras to add to the decorations in addition to the July 4 Centerpiece.
Here’s the breakdown…
- patriotic nutcracker from Joanne Fabrics
- napkins from the dollar store are actually dish towels but you need a big napkin sometimes for the ribs and corn on the cob!
- plastic cups from the dollar store striped with colored scotch tape
- red plastic bowl also decorated with colored scotch tape hold some festive mints all dressed up in patriotic colors
- red checked paper plates from the dollar store
- tray and centerpiece made with love
From my family to yours, Happy 4th of July!