Happy Monday! Hope you had a great weekend. Mine wasn’t anything special, but I sure enjoyed it. We found a new off leash dog park along with some great trails in our local area. Divot had a grand time running and exploring new territory. I managed to stay ahead of the housework all week by picking up each day so there wasn’t too much mess to clean up. I also had time to peruse through a stack of magazines and complete a DIY project.
I think I mentioned in some previous post that my neighbor is in the framing business and being the generous guy he is, always gives me his old samples. That can be both a good thing and a bad thing. I have lots of frames! And like I said, I’ve been working on this project…
Here’s the how-to…
The shadow box frame was originally gold. I painted it white and told you about it in a Valentine post last February. I recently decided to use Rustoleum glossy black and spray painted it. Yesterday I grabbed a tube of Rub-n-Buff gold leaf and highlighted the flowery scroll. I backed the frame with a large piece of white scrapbook paper.
I picked up the wood letter M at Michaels several months back. It came in one color, white. I spray painted in black the same time as the frame. Then I used the silver Rub-n-Buff to outline the sides and I also decided to outline the top. As you can see my finger wasn’t totally accurate.
And this my friends is how I got to the point of adding buttons. I used hot glue and burned the heck out of both my thumbs by the way and have the blisters to prove it . Ouch!
I used gorilla glue to secure the letter to the shadow box back and voila…. Those mirrors are a part of a set of 8 of varied sizes. I bought them many years ago at a fabric store and never took them out of the box. I discovered them not too long ago. You also saw them in my post on my updated livingroom.
It fills a small wall in the living room and I’m absolutely lovin it. I hope you do it. It was the perfect project for a Sunday afternoon, especially since I had everything and didn’t have to buy a thing!
Linking this project to the following this week…